The following information is very important. You should read this information if you are unclear at any time as to the purposes of this site and who is responsible for its maintenance.
The site contains information only relevant to UK investors and financial advisers. This is designed to inform and protect you. There are certain legal and regulatory limitations that apply to the information contained on this web site and by proceeding you are deemed to have read and understood this warning.
The information in this section is intended for persons who are United Kingdom residents for tax and investment purposes or those who advise such persons. In particular the information is not for distribution and under no circumstances is to be considered as an offer or solicitation to deal in investments in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or distribution would be unlawful, including, but not limited to, the United States of America.
Investment in any of the products described should only be made on the basis of the applicable offer document (eg Scheme Particulars, Prospectus, Key Information Document or other Terms and Conditions). Nothing in the Aberdeen web site constitutes investment legal tax or other advice nor is it to be relied upon in making an investment decision.
The information is not to be reproduced, copied or made available to others. Any research or analysis used in the preparation of this web site has been procured by Aberdeen Asset Management PLC and its subsidiary companies ('The Company') for its own use and it may have been acted on by the Company for its own purposes.
It is believed that the information is accurate at the date of publication and no warranty is given. It may be changed without prior notice.
Any tax reliefs mentioned are those currently available and are subject to change. Their value depends on the personal circumstances of the investor. Information relating to investment trust savings schemes, investment trust ISAs is approved by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
Risk factors you should consider prior to investing:
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested.
- Past performance is not a guide to future results.
- Investment trusts are specialised investments and may not be appropriate for all investors.
- Investment trusts can borrow money in order to enhance investment returns. This is known as ‘gearing’ or 'leverage'. However, the use of gearing can result in share prices being more volatile and subject to sudden or large falls in value. Where permitted an investment trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing which will exaggerate market movements, both up and down.
- Derivatives may be used, subject to restrictions set out for the Fund, for efficient portfolio management in order to manage risk and generate income. The market in derivatives can be volatile and there is a higher than average risk of loss.
- There is no guarantee that the market price of the Trust's shares will fully reflect its underlying Net Asset Value.
- As with all stock exchange investments the value of the Trust shares purchased will immediately fall by the difference between the buying and selling prices, the bid-offer spread. If trading volumes fall, the bid-offer spread can widen.
- Investing globally can bring additional returns and diversify risk. However, currency exchange rate fluctuations may have a positive or negative impact on the value of your investment.
- The Ordinary Shares may trade at a discount to the Net Asset Value per Ordinary Share and Shareholders may be unable to realise their investments through the secondary market at the Net Asset Value per Ordinary Share.
- There is no assurance that the Fund will be able to secure suitable logistics assets. In the event that the Fund is unable to invest part or all of the proceeds of the Initial Issue in suitable European logistics assets, this may affect the Fund’s ability to meet the Target Returns and may have an adverse effect on the Fund’s performance, financial condition and business prospects.
- The Fund may hold a limited number of investments. If one of these investments declines in value this can have a greater impact on the fund’s value than if it held a larger number of investments.
- Property values are a matter of the valuers' opinions and can go up and down. There is no guarantee that property values, or rental values from them, will increase so you may not get back the full amount invested.
- Property investments can take significantly longer to buy and sell than other investments, such as bonds and company shares. If properties have to be sold quickly this could result in lower prices being obtained for them.
- The Fund invests in a specialist sector and it will not perform in line with funds that have a broader investment policy.
- A full list of risks applicable to the Fund can be found in the Prospectus
Other Important Information:
Issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
Registered Office: 10 Queen's Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1YG. Registered in Scotland No. 108419. A member of the Aberdeen Asset Management group of companies. An investment trust should be considered only as part of a balanced portfolio. Under no circumstances should this information be considered as an offer or solicitation to deal in investments.